Tentative map

Tentative map
VERY rough sketch of my route

Fun Facts

Fun Facts:
Days on the road: 27.5
Total distance: 10512.5km
Number of states and provinces: 19 + 1
Longest distance in one day: 714km

Sunday 1 May 2011

Another boring day

From: Aurora, NE
To: Iowa City, IA
Mileage: About 599kms

It's been mentioned that I always start my posts by mentioning some sort of food.  So I won't tell you that I ate breakfast at the small restaurant across the street from the motel.

I hit the highway and continued through Slabtown.  I didn't really do, or see, anything interesting today either.  I stopped in Lincoln, NE to return the sunglasses I bought in Vegas.  They were defective and starting to bother me).  I returned the sunglasses and got going again.  Eventually, the highways passed through Omaha, though I didn't stop.  Shortly after that I must have entered Iowa because when I stopped for gas I was... well... in Iowa.  I guess I missed the sign.  I stopped to switch to warm weather gloves when the weather got colder and snapped this shot of the sunset:

Just a crap-snap-shot.
I thought about camping, but didn't find any good spots.  I stopped to camp at a rest center, but decided against it because there were "no camping" signs everywhere.  So I headed into Iowa City and stopped at a motel.

Sorry, the last two posts were garbage (because the days were garbage).  There should be some more interesting stuff on the way with some bigger cities and better areas.  So stay tuned.

And with that, I'm all caught up.  Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's been boring because you've been sticking to the interstate, trying to make up time.

    ReplyDelete