Tentative map

Tentative map
VERY rough sketch of my route

Fun Facts

Fun Facts:
Days on the road: 27.5
Total distance: 10512.5km
Number of states and provinces: 19 + 1
Longest distance in one day: 714km

Friday 8 April 2011

NY and PA

From: Buffalo/Williamsville
To: Meadville, PA
Mileage: About 220km

Checked into the Econolodge in Meadville PA.  I think I'm lucky - I only saw about three mist-sized drops of rain when all around me the roads are soaked, and people are complaining about the weather.

Anyway, after checking out this morning, I went back to BestBuy to get phones set up.  When that was finished, I  set off on I90.  I stayed on there for a little while, until I got sick of riding on interstates.  I exited and sort of made my own way around.  After getting nowhere, the GPS lead me back onto I90.  I pulled off again later and took Route 20 West through NY and into Erie PA. At some point I stopped and ate that burger... Anyone who knows me knows that one burger does nothing but make me hungry.  Shortly after eating it, I rode past a cookie factory.  I almost fell off the bike smelling the air.  (Not really - don't worry mom...!)

On Route 20 West (I think?)  Notice the Canadian Flag in the background.  Can you imagine... VenicebyTANK!!!

Safe AND stylish.  And ready to rave.

Uhh.. No thanks :)

Westfield NY, I think. So wacky [link]

Westfield, Main Street.

I turned south on some road and found that Tims.  My cup instructed me to play again...
I took I-79 South and pulled off in Meadville and here I am at the Econolodge.  These past two days were kind of dull for riding, and for reading posts.  Sorry!  Hopefully tomorrow (and thereafter) will be better, as I'll get an early start, and I'll try and do some research on my route/attractions. 

Don't stop checking back! I'll have better pictures and stories soon, I hope.  Also, I'm excited for some warmer weather so I can break out the tent!  Why pay good money for a motel when you can camp?!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. Wacky inflated arm flailing tube man doing the flag on a lamp post.
    Can't wait till you start seeing some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete